Monday, June 17, 2013

Going Away Gift #3...

When making a gift for someone, I try to really think of the person and what might be meaningful to them. For Kim, I had to really think about what might be something special. She can make so many things on her own so I wanted to make something that isn't one of her specialities. Also, I know she loves her sweet boy and he is so cute and photogenic. Since she isn't a scrapbook-er, I decided I would make a small book for her pics of that cute boy! 

As a general rule for me, I am not a "fancy" scrapper. My layouts are usually simple and mostly highlight the pictures. As a daughter of a photographer, I don't want the pages to take away and distract from the photos but rather to draw attention to them. Also, if you are going to spend so much time working on the scrapbooks that they never get done, then the photos stay in a box or on a computer somewhere and aren't readily available to be enjoyed. 

These are the pages that I did for Kim: 












I did all of the photo mats @ 4 1/4" x 6 1/4" and gave her a dispenser of scrapbooking adhesive so that all she has to do is print her photos and pop them in the book.

It was a fun project to put together and also another fun gift to give away!

No comments:

Post a Comment