Thursday, June 13, 2013

Going Away Gift #2...




Isn't this a lovely picture? This is the quilt I made for my friend Bonnie as a going away gift. She took this picture in her garden last week. This was a fun pattern that went together quickly using a Moda Jelly Roll. 


I use a Bailey's Home Quilter and a Grace Quilting frame to do my machine quilting on all of my quilts that are larger than baby/crib size. It has worked well for me. I'm not an award-winning machine quilter, by any means, but I enjoy the whole process. This setup has allowed me to save some money by being able to quilt them myself and also I don't have to wait for my quilts to come back from being sent away to a quilter. I would love to have a Gamill someday but I can't justify the cost at this point.


I love taking the quilt off of the frame!


And, I really love being able to make a gift for a friend!



No comments:

Post a Comment