Monday, March 4, 2013

Anne's Favorites

Isn't Kim's work wonderful?!! Our styles are very different as you will soon see, but I just love her artistic eye for color and design. We are excited to finally be getting this blog up and running and look forward to having this creative outlet for a long time to come.

For my first post, I wanted to highlight a few of my favorite projects. As mentioned in my bio, I am a quilter, scrapbook/papercrafter and have dabbled in all sorts of other crafting hobbies. I enjoy making different styles of quilts but I keep coming back to anything blue and white as a favorite. Pictured here are 4 blue and white quilts that I have made and still have in my collection. (I enjoy making quilts for others but I have an especially hard time giving away blue and white ones!)






When my kids were little it became difficult to get away for any period of time to work on a quilt. I then rediscovered rubber stamping and card-making and found that I could complete a card or simple paper-crafting project in just a short amount of time. Below are a few of my current favorite cards (all using Stampin' Up products). Many of these are based off of projects that I have seen from other stampers. I will try to be better about keeping track of where I found the ideas so I can give those artists their due recognition in the future. 






As far as scrapbooking is concerned, it gives me a chance to show off more of my favorites...my family! I probably won't ever win an award for my creativity in layouts but I am determined to have all of our family pictures organized and preserved either in paper or digitally. I enjoy both digital and traditional scrapbooking and I can appreciate the advantages of both. 






I really hope you will return in the future to see all of the fun things that Kim and I have up our sleeves. If you would like to make sure you don't miss a thing, be sure to subscribe to our blog using the gadget in the lower right corner and keying in your email address. You will get an email each time we add a new post. Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment: