Friday, March 25, 2016

Grandma's Kitchen (Houndstooth Quilt Pattern) Part 2

I wanted to share the story of where the name for my Houndstooth quilt pattern came from. This was the first quilt I made from this pattern:




When I first thought about this design, I always pictured it in Yellow and White. I wasn't sure why but that was how I pictured it. A few months after I started this quilt, I was flipping through some old pictures and came across this gem:




This is (roughly) circa 1985 and it's a picture of me with my Grandma and Mom in, of all places, my Grandma's Kitchen! And will someone check out those kitchen cabinets??!! What a bright and cheery room and I LOVE that yellow and white houndstooth wallpaper on the cabinet doors!




Somewhere in the back of my mind I had this comforting image of my Grandma's Kitchen and this pattern from the cabinets was part of it. It was just such a funny and sweet memory when I came across this pic and it all flooded back. 

Here's one more pic of this version of the quilt, showing the fabric that I chose for the backing as well:

I hope this encourages you to try this great pattern and make this wonderful, cheery quilt!


No comments:

Post a Comment